12.26.2010

Jeux d'Enfants

I have long kept my favorite movie a secret, thinking it would become popular, loose it's charm, and I would be to blame. But with a blog I now feel I must to share the love.



Here it is, my little secret, Jeux D'enfants (Love Me If You Dare) 


It has many reasons for greatness: the saturated colors, intermittent magical animation, the child to adult love story, the strange ending, the games, the comments on life and living, the french feeling, the soundtrack (many great covers of La Vie en Rose) and of course Marion Cotillard and Guillaume Canet make it so unique and fantastic. Whenever I'm in need of a little inspiration I watch a clip or the trailer and am instantly revived.

I particularly like the line when they are asking each other what they want to be when they grow up. Young Julien (the little boy) says "I will be a tyrant" and Sophie (the little girl) is shy to respond. Finally she says "I want to be a cream puff".



Watch and enjoy!
xx,
lala

No comments:

Post a Comment