2.14.2011

Eisensteinian Dressing

Making collages is one of my very favorite things to do. It's sort of like visual vomit...That actually makes it sound unpleasant, but collaging is something I truly enjoy! I actually find it almost therapeutic. It's a way to organize and create a mood through juxtaposition of images. One image suddenly takes on new meaning, merely because of its placement next to another. Eisenstein would be proud! And when I'm done and all is modge-podged and ready to go, I feel somehow creatively satisfied and proud even though all I've done is rearrange some photos together...

On that note, I've been thinking a lot about internal collage within an outfits-- the mish-mash of colors, textures, patterns, and silhouettes to create a layered and complex costume entirely your own.  Susie Bubble is the unmitigated queen of this.


Also Rodarte comes to mind:

 


But this is not something that comes naturally to me at all. Instinctually I'm drawn towards black and darker neutrals, forest greens, and deep purples... but alas I've been thinking about this and it's something I aspire to for this Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment